Programming is hard

I was going to say that programming is not easy. While that's true, it's really an understatement. It's even difficult to describe how it is hard to a non-programmer.

As an example, someone contacted me with an app idea that they wanted to "sell" me. They just wanted a couple of cents per download. I told I'm not interested in any more (unpaid) work I have enough to last me through 2022 or 2023. Basically, I said take a number. He persisted. I sent him a link to https://bootcamps.vanderbilt.edu/data/ The implication being "go learn how to code and do it yourself". I haven't heard from him since.

Where do people get the idea that "an idea for an app" is all they need to make money? Programming is hard and time-consuming. If you want to build an app you need to build it - not just think of it and wallah! Instant riches.

No, that's not the way it works. If you can't write the code yourself you must hire someone to write it. You'll be paying upwards of $30/hr if you hire them outright or if you hire a software house you be paying $100/hr or more with a 25-hour minimum.

That's me. I'm that software house. If you have an idea for an app - start by writing a check and I will look at your idea. I will give you an estimate ( not a free estimate) which I will expect to be paid in full before beginning any work. You read that right. I don't even want to look at your idea without being paid. I don't have the time. I'm busy writing code.

I understand if you don't have that kind of money.
https://bootcamps.vanderbilt.edu/data/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dieter the Teacher

TWF UI and Hours Of Service

A Menu and a Mess